Heart

Heart
We Love First Grade!

Friday, May 8, 2015

"It's my party and we'll bake if we want to..."

Every year my class is always so excited to celebrate my birthday. I always try not to make it a big deal but this year we had an awesome party planned! We came up with a great idea that involved reading, math, baking, and of course...EATING!

Our weekly reading story just happened to be Johnny Appleseed. At the end of many of the stories there is always fun activities and some of them include a recipe. My class was used to having cooking classes in kindergarten on Fridays and they had asked me all year if we could bake something. Since we had just read the story the week of my birthday, did a measurement unit that involved measuring with cups, and I just so happened to get a griddle at my bridal shower, I thought, why not? It was an educational birthday party! I told the class the idea of making apple pancakes for my birthday and they were thrilled with the idea. They talked about it all week and when the day came we had a blast. I have to say, it was probably one of my best birthday parties ever! Seeing the kids so excited about baking and doing all the tasks that were included in the lesson were priceless. We were also so fortunate to have Mrs. Price teach this lesson with me. She always assisted Mrs. HP in kindergarten and is a great partner teacher. We each cooked with a group. Check out all the fun photos!









Spilling is acceptable in first grade!

Thinking about the taste of pancakes!

Mrs. Price came to help out!



I think they taste good! This face definitely tells you what they thought of them.





2 comments:

  1. cbse class 12 study material

    Scholarslearning.com provides you 4th – 12th class all subjects notes of CBSE , ICSE and STATE BOARD exams online tuition, Revision Notes, ncert solution. For more information contact on 0120-4540415/ 9654747646/admin@scholarslearning.com or visit onscholarslearning.com

    cbse 12 commerce
    cbse class 12 study material
    cbse study material for class 12
    sample papers for class 12
    ncert solutions for class 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. cbse class 11 study material
    Scholarslearning.com provides you 4th – 12th class all subjects notes of CBSE , ICSE and STATE BOARD exams online tuition, Revision Notes, ncert solution. For more information contact on 0120-4540415/ 9654747646/admin@scholarslearning.com or visit onscholarslearning.com
    cbse 11 commerce
    sample papers for class 11

    ncert solutions for class 11

    ReplyDelete